Basic Agility Class #4

We finally had a chance to go to agility practice tonight! After a huge hiatus, I was worried that Duncan would be completely oblivious, but it wasn't so bad. We had a 15 obstacle jumpers course with 6 weave poles, one tunnel, and TWO concentric spiral things. Craziness. Mostly it was handler error - as usual. Duncan got a little barky and I switched out his blue ball for some treats to help focus him.

For the first time ever, Duncan ran off course!! There was a whining dog, which is a particular weakness for The Sheriff. The Sheriff did not like it when I picked him up and replaced him to start, but we did fine after that. He even did well on his weaves given we haven't practiced in a looooong time.

Overall, I am satisfied. I got a good cardio workout and Duncan got out some of his hyperness. We'll see how next week goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers