Flyball Box Work1

I continued the new method tonight. The first three times we took off for the box, Duncan went for the garage door that leads to the house. :( I was patient with the first two and re-set him. After the third time, I told him "No" in a firm tone and re-set him up. This time, I revved him up for the box with a full "Reeeadddyyyy, Seeett, GO!" It worked. He got up on the box with little prompting. Three times later, he was doing a nice little box turn eagerly. It was nice.

I let him gain some confidence driving toward the box and set the trigger. It took about three box turns to trigger it. Again, he didn't even notice it and was focused on his treat. We didn't trigger it again tonight. We ended while he was excited, positive, and happy.

Total time training: 15 minutes (maybe less, but I'm rounding up)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers